Monday, May 28, 2012

Quantum of Solace

For Cars & Stars 2012, thanks to Spoonflower.com, I am making a quilt that will be auctioned off on the night of. In honor of the theme "James Bond" the quilt will be called "Quantum of Solace."

If I had know how hard it was to make a quilt in two months I might not have done it. I understand the difficultly. I bow to the women who have for century's done this by hand and one day I hope to make one in that traditional way. So in my attempts to make this quilt I was going to enlist a machine quilter to do the quilting until I found out that there is a two month wait. I figured I would just jump in feet first and try to do it myself. How hard could it be?
I had had the fabric made, I sewed all the squares together, I put together the batting and backing,
then I started to sew away. I didn't know you have to sew from the middle out to the edges.
Needless to say, I have spent days riping out stitches. 
I also found that I don't like invisible thread.
Cotton quilting thread is wonderful.  A few more days and it will be ready for the auction.

No comments:

Post a Comment